ACA (Affordable Care Act)
- 1095-B Insurance carrier for employers with fewer than 50 full-time emplyees/Self-insured employers with fewer than 50 full-time employees, that provide health plans.
- 1094-B Accompanies 1095-B forms when mailed to IRS
- 1095-C Employers with 50 or more full-time employees (Applicable Large Employers). Both insured and self-insured issue 1095-C
- 1094-C Accompanies 1095-C forms when mailed to IRS
How to distribute the 1095-B and 1095-C -
- IRS Copy - IRS approved format (Landscape)
- Employee Copy - (Portrait or Landscape)
- Employer Copy - (Portrait or Landscape)
ACA software has two versions of the 1095-B and 1095-C. The IRS version and the ComplyRight version.
It’s important to note that the IRS has already released the reporting forms. In addition, the IRS approved the ComplyRight formats. So what’s the difference between the versions?
The IRS version:
The IRS version of the 1095-B and 1095-C forms is for employers to submit their IRS copies. This is the version the IRS will accept so IRS copies must be in this particular format.
This version is also for customers using tax software that is only compatible with the IRS format.
But we also offer an IRS-approved, ComplyRight version of the 1095-B and 1095-C forms.
Why do we have a different format? Well, it’s not uncommon to have slight differences between tax forms. We created the ComplyRight version of the forms to make them compatible with a double-window envelope. This will make it much easier for businesses to mail their employee copies.
The most important thing to know is that both versions are 100 percent compliant and approved by the IRS.