NOTE: Starting from the 2018 Software when you adjust the alignment, you will have to use the print button in the software (DO NOT USE the VIEW to Print).
If you are having issues aligning your forms or receiving an error, it could be you printer or print driver is out of date or incorrect type of printer
The IRS/SSA recommends using a high quality type printer no more than 4 – 5 years old
- Bubble jet and Ink jet are not supported due to the margins and font these types of printers use a spray on ink that smears
- Printers - PCL6 compatible might have problems with the drivers these printers are out to date for Window 7 and up
- All Laser printers make sure your print drivers are up to date – check with your printer manufactures web site. (We Recommend to Re-Boot PC after installing/updating printer drivers)
- We recommend uses the manufacture drivers – Generic drives you could still have issues
- Printer Scale is set at 100% locate under the Printer and Devices
- Second Form alignment is not adjusting this is your printer driver not supporting this feature 2017 and older
- Printing too light - check under Printer Preference, Paper/Quality it may be set to EconoMode (Toner Save) also another possible cause is that if user have color printer then in order to print tax forms correctly, color printer should be set with Grayscale Printing (Black and White).
- Form Alignment - Will align the entire form type (sheet) not each section of the form. (Software not compatible with Free IRS Forms)
How to Print Forms:
Printing on Free IRS Forms: (Not Software Compatible)
How to change your Printer Selection/Properties:
View/Print Image too Small- Follow below steps:
1) Not able to see report
2) Select the percentage to resize the report
Social Security accepts laser printed Forms W-2/W-3 as well as the standard red drop-out ink forms. Both the laser forms and the red drop-out ink forms must comply with Internal Revenue Service's Publication 1141 and require pre-approval from Social Security.
.02 Employers should type or machine-print data entries on plain paper forms whenever possible. Ensure good quality by using a high-quality type (face), inserting data in the middle of blocks that are well separated from other printing and guidelines, and taking any other measures that will guarantee clear, sharp images. Black ink must be used with no script type, inverted font,
italics, or dual-case alpha characters.