How to File a Correction Form on the E-file Site from the Software

(Please note E-File account in this Support Article is for test purposes only).

  • Corrections can be Filed when they were accepted by the IRS and/or SSA
  • When you are able to e-file a correction form Federal IRS/SSA (state corrections not supported)
  • You will be able to file a correction for the Dollar Amount Federal 

Once your forms have been E-Filed you may wish to Check Status prior to filing corrections by following below steps: 

How to Check Status of E-Filed Forms: 

1) Select the E-file and Check Status of E-filed Forms from the window. 


NOTE: E-file portal is only available for the current tax filing year software. If you need to file for the previous tax year you will need to go directly to your E-file site. In software Menu bar select the Help tab then select About LaserLink/TaxRight for 202#. You will then see your E-file Site Web Address link. Click on E-file site web link or copy & paste it into your Web Browser. 



2) A web browser will open, logging you in to your e-file account and navigating you to the Filed Forms web page to verify if you have any Filed Forms. 

How to file a Correction on E-File Site:
1) Log in to your E-File account. You will now be in the Dashboard page. Hover over the Filings tab in the left navigation bar and click Filed to be directed to your filed forms page. 

NOTE: E-File Site Web Address can be found using software from Menu Bar under Help Tab > About TaxRight for 20XX or About LaserLink for 20XX or About 20XX ACA software by Complyright. 



2) From Filed Forms Page Locate the form in the grid you need to file a correction for and Next to the Delivery Status column click “File Correction”

Forms that we do not offer corrections for will not have File Correction option once they have been e-filed and accepted by the IRS.


This will prompt a question “Would you like to file a correction for and re-deliver to the recipient for $7.95?”

If you click Yes, you will be brought to a page where your original form appears with all the original data you input, however it will be a Corrected form with the Corrected box at the top (with a check in the box) and the form name will reference the Correction (i.e. 1099-MISC Correction).

If you click No, the action will be canceled, the pop-up will disappear and you will remain on the Filed Forms page.

NOTE: Remember even if you filed an original for all form types that we offer on the efile site, the Correction Forms we offer are: 1099-MISC Correction, 1099-NEC Correction, 1099-DIV Correction, 1099-INT Correction, 1099-R Correction,1099-S Correction, 1098 Correction, W-2C and ACA corrections.

You will also need to make sure the form you need to file a correction for has already been e-filed and accepted, you will not be able to file a correction on an original form until it has been e-filed and accepted by the IRS. You will be able to verify the status of your Filed Forms by looking at the Federal Filing column for an accepted status. If the form is not accepted, you will need to wait until your form gets accepted by the IRS to file a correction.

If you clicked Yes, in the pop-up message, your original form will be brought up. You will not be able to make any changes to the Payer or Recipient information, but will be able to change any amounts you originally filed. Once you make your changes you can click on SAVE to put your form(s) in Forms in Progress page. 

NOTE: If you click Ok, it will discard your action to file a correction form, navigate you back to the Filed Forms page and replace the File a Correction link next to your Original Form.

If you click Cancel, it will cancel your action to cancel the correction, the pop-up will disappear and you will remain on your now Correction form page where you can make the corrections needed.



3) From Forms in Progress page and after you have completed filling out your correction form(s), you will need to complete the purchasing process by adding your forms to your Cart. Click in the box next to the form description or Payer Name and select your filing option. Next click Add to Cart button. 



You are able to select Print Preview or Edit Form link to verify the information was entered correctly. 


4) This will place your form in your cart, where you will now see the filing fee of $7.95 for the correction form. You can proceed to checkout to submit and file your correction form.


Powered by Zendesk