Generally Transmittal Forms are used to report a summary of a batch of recipients to be included with the filing. There will be situations where you need to create a new batch of recipients under the same payer and create a transmittal forms for those.
Please follow the steps below to print a transmittal for a specific amount of recipients:
For W3 Transmittal:
- Go to Print Forms -> Print Tax Forms
- Select the Payer
- Select W-2 in the Tax Forms Drop Down
- Verify if all the Recipients are located in the bottom box: Recipients/Payees with Forms Printed
If they are not, please use the SELECT ALL RECIPIENTS Button and use the Down button to move them all to the bottom box
After this all the Recipient Names should be on the bottom box as shown:
- Under Tax Forms Select W-3
- If you have Multiple State and State ID for the W-2, you will have to select X if you want to have a combined total of State Income and State Tax for all W-2's
- Click on the Recipient Name who you wish to include in the W3 Transmittal - (Their Name will be highlighted in blue)
- Select Print to receive a Message in regards to Printing the W3. Follow prompt on the message to print.
NOTE: (If printing from the View screen you will have the option to print as a PDF or to your printer)
Printing for the View screen - It WILL NOT save the alignment you MUST print from the print button if you aligned your forms.